Haydon is a parish on the border
with Somerset and is two miles south east of Sherborne. To the north
west and west are the parishes of Purse Caundle and Stourton Caundle, to
the south is Folke. North Wootton is to the west and Sherborne forms the
north west boundary. The little church of St Catherine was entirely
rebuilt on a new site in 1883, but today is looking rather neglected.
The registers date from 1708. The parish is 468 acres, mostly laid to
pasture and the population in 1891 was