|The name Woolland comes from an early
settlement beneath the shadow of Bulbarrow Hill called Wonland
meaning meadowland and in Old English it was Wynn Land. From the top of
the hill there are some magnificent views including the Blackmore Vale
and the county of Somerset.
The church designed in 1855 and its tower are built on the site of n earlier church and its font that dates from the 15th century has been preserved.